Friday, June 17, 2016

Today I'm going to talk about a short story wrote by Roberto Bolaño which is called "Putas asesinas". It starts whit a very confusing scene on which a man awakes tied to a chair and gagged, and realize that has been kidnaped by a woman. This woman starts telling to the man the reasons why she made that, but her mysterious and unclear language end up being a really strong psychological torture.

I don't want to spoil the story so I'm not gone to tell you more.

This story means a lot to me because the first time I read it I was like thirteen and an old-age friend just took the book and said "come here, read this" and I just had never read something like that before, so a few months later i read it again and it was even much exciting.

What I like about this story is its originality, because I thing that even if its plot may sound like cliché, the way on which it develops is the most entretaining thing, and I think that that's the good thing about literature: not the ideas on itself but the development of them. So when if you read it slowly, trying to recreate the scenes, with its different images on your mind, its makes you feel really amazing things!

1 comment:

  1. OH! I LOOOOVE ROBERTO BOLAÑO! One of my favourite books is "Los Detectives Salvajes". I think that he is an amazing writer.

    ReplyDelete